The third member of AA

I finally came to the conclusion that if I didn't want to quit, I certainly ought to want to, and that I was willing to do anything in the world to stop drinking.

* * * * *

Each day I would try to find out what His will was and try to follow that, rather than trying to get Him to always agree that the things I thought up for myself were the things best for me.

* * * * *

The thought flashed through his mind, 'If they can do it, I can do it!' Over and over he said this to himself.

* * * * *

I wasn't afraid that the program wouldn't work, but I still was doubtful whether I would be able to hang on to the program, but I did come to the conclusion that I was willing to put everything I had into it, with God's power, and that I wanted to do just that. As soon as I had done that, I did feel a great release. I knew I had a help whom I could rely upon, who wouldn't fail me. If I could stick to Him and listen, I would make it.

* * * * *

I thought, I think I have the answer. Bill was very, very grateful that he had been released from this terrible thing and he had given God the credit for having done it, and he's so grateful about it he wants to tell other people about it.

Comments