Al Kohallek's 'Pay Forward' gifts: 005

Five: my ‘Pay Forward’ gift is social. ‘We give but little when we give of our possessions; it is when we give of ourselves that we truly give.’ When I reached Alcoholics Anonymous I was a taker and demander, I knew nothing about giving. When I awakened I realised those AA members who had what I wanted most were self-givers. If I were to have a life and be joyous, happy, and free, I had to learn to give of myself, first as an AA ‘duty’; then I come to love it. As my sharing of the Programme was changing, so was my love. I am so deeply grateful to our Father for giving us Alcoholics Anonymous, for those who live it, freely sharing it. I am so grateful that I was given the ‘secret handshake’: giving of myself. Our Programme takes us from a useless, harmful, self-centred, meaningless, worthless path to a loving way of life that makes a difference daily, as we give of ourselves. All we need to do to experience our Father’s Love and His Will is give some of what He gave us. The size of our gift matters not; we only need to give of ourselves and that is more than enough. Let us ‘Pay Forward’ now by giving of ourselves to whomever we are with. Thy Love, Thy Will be done.

Comments