Anne Lamott (hoorah)






Fucking rainbows, right?

I tweeted this photo and caption two days ago. I had had a fabulous idea for a new book, called DOOM. Sick friends, Trump, the ice caps, a very old and failing beloved dog. Then I went outside and accidentally looked up. And a rainbow is giving me the Eye.

My pastor reminds us from time to time that you can trap bees on the floor of a Mason jar without a lid, because they don't look up, just walk around muttering and bumping into glass walls.

Or as Wendell Berry wrote in Manifesto: The Mad Farmer Liberation Front, 'Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.' The last line of the Manifesto is, Practice resurrection.

And P.S, Catholic priests can wear pink today because it is the 3rd Sunday of Advent. Not sure why but it it is the Truth. More truth is that you are loved and chosen. This is what we teach at our Sunday School. As is!

You are pre-approved; and Grace bats last. So my plan is to give thanks—help the poor. Same thing.

Comments