Al Kohallek's pay forward gifts: Abuse Of Power

Today’s ‘Pay Forward’ gift is: Abuse Of Power. I’ve had a long-standing problem over-reacting to people who abuse the power given them over others, even strangers. Too often the victim draws the abuser into their lives. This morning, my reading in the 12 and 12 was on Step Ten, ‘It is a spiritual axiom that every time we are disturbed, no matter what the cause, there is something wrong with us.’ What’s wrong? Too many of us have bought into the concept that there has to be an abuser and a victim, that that is life. I pray that the victims will forgive and love those abusers and themselves for playing the victim. The victims should not try to approve of or like the abuser, but to love them by praying that they become the individual our Higher Power created them as; doing that is asking for the same for ourselves. To forgive them is to dis-empower them. The victims and the abuser need to own their part and then surrender both to our Father. Letting go of the idea that others determine our worth. Let’s give our whole being to our Father to transform our defect into an asset. Someone being bullied triggered my ‘need’ to punish the wrongdoer. What would my greatest Hero do? ‘Forgive them, for they know not what they do.’ I am willing to walk my talk, teaching only love and forgiveness. I’m willing to return again and again until I am in that Divine Union. Thy Love, Will be done.

Comments