Al Kohallek's pay forward gifts: Service Opportunities

Today’s ‘Pay Forward’ gift is: Service Opportunities. The question ‘how can we get more service opportunities?’ brought to mind my early days in AA. We would go anywhere for an opportunity to share. I asked our Father from the bottom of my heart with an open mind to use me. In a short time, service opportunities came alive. ‘Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is.’ (Mark 13:33). In fact, every moment is an opportunity to extend love openly or silently if we choose. What the world needs now is love, more love. The world needs you and me to express the love we are, bringing our gifts of love to all towards whom we are drawn. I need not compare myself with the great givers. I am grateful I can make even a tiny good difference. I choose to detach from all that is not my mission and focus on what is now. I am reminded that our Programme, Steps, Traditions, and Service Concepts may pass through the minds of our members and yet bypass their hearts. If it does not pass through our hearts, we may sound good in meetings but our message will not be alive in Spirit and Truth. Ask with all your heart, mind, and soul for our Father to use us as the individuals we are created as. Thy Love, Thy Will be done.

Comments