Just A Few Needed Changes

Today’s ‘Pay Forward’ gift is: Just A Few Needed Changes. Any change no matter the size was always a problem. AA showed me that it was my powerlessness over a desired or undesired change that was blocking me. My sponsor suggested that I seek and find a Higher Power that could do for me what I could not, including the changes needed. What do matter, truly, are not people, things, or conditions in themselves, but the thoughts and beliefs that I hold concerning them. It is not the conduct of others but my thoughts that make or mar me. I was writing my own experience by the thoughts that I entertained. We mould our own life destiny day by day by the manner in which we react to an experience. Right reaction is the supreme art of life. My greatest teacher compressed the secret of that art into a sentence when he said: ‘resist not evil’. When I became ready to change, Alcoholics Anonymous told me to live one day at a time, in a day-tight compartment. Don’t take the first drink. Work the Steps ASAP. For a while that I should stay away from slippery people and places that would draw me toward that first drink. Let the past pass. Use the ‘F word’ (forgiveness) as needed when resentment or any other unhealthy stuff popped up. Go to lots of AA meetings and hang out with people practising AA’s spiritual principles in their daily life, inside and outside AA. Thy Love, Thy Will be done.

Comments